Public Relations & Marketing
1849 Central Dr. Bedford, TX 76022 | PR & Marketing Directory
Mission Statement: Build and strengthen relationships with our stakeholders which includes students, parents, employees and the community.
The Public Relations & Marketing (PR&M) Department builds relationships with the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD community to make sure that the district is aligned with the interests of its stakeholders. Supporting these relationships involves a wide range of tasks: writing, attending events to gather information and take pictures, hosting events, graphic design and desktop publishing, web development, and more.
Relationships with Businesses and Organizations:
- The Adopt-A-School program supports relationships with organizations who would like to give resources to individual schools, groups of schools, or the entire district.
- We enjoy keeping the HEB Chamber of Commerce informed of the district's progress and growth by providing a yearly "State of the District" address and listening to the input of local business leaders.
Relationships with local residents:
- The Volunteers in Public Schools program (VIPS) facilitates the donation of more than 600,000 hours of volunteer time each school year, or more than 20 hours per student. These volunteers are parents and family, retired teachers, local professionals, and anyone else who is eager to learn more about the district and make an impact on student success.
- The eNews email newsletter is sent to 11,000 subscribers each week and includes upcoming events and news stories from the district website. Major announcements and timely information (including school closings) can be sent to subscribers between regular monthly editions.
- The PR&M Department works directly with local media outlets to share district news with area residents. We help reporters gather information for stories about HEB ISD and report information about inclement weather closings.
- We solicit additional input through surveys, focus groups, discussions with community members, and any other opportunity we can find!
- The PR&M Department creates and maintains the district website.
- The PR&M Department oversees websites maintained by other district employees:
- Each department has designated a Web Site Administrator who is responsible for maintaining the department site with direct support from the PR&M Department.
- Each school also has a Web Site Administrator who is responsible for maintaining information on the school-wide site with extra training and support from the PR&M Department.
- Teachers, principals, nurses, counselors, and other on-campus professionals maintain their own site with support and initial training from the PR&M Department.
- For all of these sites, the PR&M Department creates the design template (including backgrounds and header graphics), develops guidelines for staff use, develops and conducts training, provides support including developing guide and documents and submitting bug reports, and more.
- We use social media tools to connect with community members in ways that are convenient to them, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- The Winner's Circle section of the site features students and others who have won awards or other recognition and is based on submissions from website visitors.