Special Olympics sports offered through our district include bowling, volleyball, basketball, and athletics (track & field). Students must be at least 8 years of age to compete in individual skills or team sports. They may begin attending practices at age 6. Contact Brittany Wallace for specific information.
Typical Special Olympics Registration Process
Our usual registration deadline is September 1.
- Print Special Olympics registration documents from this web page (links below) or contact Brittany Wallace by one of the methods below. Your athlete will need a completed Athlete Information Form and a current Medical Form.
- All medicals must be updated every 3 years with a doctor's signature, so please allow enough time as it is required before participation.
- If your child participated in the past, please check to see if he/she will need a current medical before registration/participation.
- Return paperwork by September 1 by one of the following methods: Email: BrittanyWallace@hebisd.edu, Fax: 817-354-3313 Attention: Brittany Wallace, or Mail: Transition Center, c/o Brittany Wallace, 1849 F Central Dr. Bedford, TX 76022
- We are in desperate need for all parents, if at all possible, to fill out the Class A Volunteer form to act as chaperones at competitions. You will also need to follow up the Class A with two quizzes: general orientation and protective behaviors at the following link: http://www.sotx.org/get-involved/volunteer/next-steps. Please let me know when this is completed if you are able to help us out in this way.