News & Announcements
Do you know how to prevent the spread of the Zika virus?
You can take simple steps this summer to prevent Zika transmission:
- Apply EPA-approved insect repellant when planning to be outdoors.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and wear long pants when outdoors for prolonged periods.
- Utilize screens or close windows and doors.
- Regularly remove any standing water in and around your home or school that could provide a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Cover trash cans or containers that may collect water.
- Visit your doctor if you suspect you've been exposed to Zika or exhibit any of the symptoms of Zika, which may include fever, rash, joint pain, and red eyes.
For more information, visit www.TexasZika.org , a Department of State Health Services website with materials in English and Spanish.
We also collect useful resources on the Zika Virus page on the HEB ISD Health Services website.
Governor Greg Abbott, Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner John Hellerstedt, and Texas Education Agency Commissioner Mike Morath have asked school districts to remind their communities of the role each of us play in this important public health matter.