ContentOverview / History
Vision Statement: K.I.D.S.S.
The mission of Shady Brook Elementary is to provide a safe and orderly environment to instill positive character traits and educate all students for success today and tomorrow.
Shady Brook Elementary is centrally located in the city of Bedford and serves a culturally diverse population of approximately 670 students. The original facility opened in 1971. In 2001, major renovations were completed to provide a new and updated educational complex. The 2021 – 2022 school year starts our 20th year as a district “Schools of Choice” campus with the Suzuki Strings program. Please take a moment to browse our website and learn more about Shady Brook Elementary. It is our goal to provide you with the most information possible. We are always excited to welcome visitors to our school. Please feel free to call us at 817-399-3150 if we can answer any questions or schedule a time for you to visit the campus.
HEB ISD Core Messages
- Students are responsible for their own learning.
- Quality teachers and effective schools are essential to students' learning.
- Parents and patrons are vital partners in the educational process.
- A safe environment for every student and employee is a prerequisite to learning.
- Decisions and actions, at all levels, focus on and support effective student learning.