The Professional Development Office provides leadership and technical expertise in the accomplishment of the District’s strategic plan and to ensure a District wide utilization of a systems approach to continuous improvement.
This is accomplished by:
- Providing effective education on improvement processes and tools for all segments of the District.
- Supporting District process improvement standardized processes that utilize effective measurement and analysis tools.
- Coaching process improvement and innovation projects that enhance the return on investment.
- Focusing intently on customer requirements and measurable outcomes.
- Inspiring improvement teams to innovate.
- Encouraging constructive conflict to foster healthy, respectful debates which opens new ideas.
- Facilitating project teams that value everyone’s input for collaborative change.
- Fostering trust in the change process making change less uncomfortable.
- Creating positive team environments that are fun, engaging, efficient and effective.
- Leveraging my expertise to guide transformational change that creates value.
- Celebrating improvement and innovation successes!
1. Student Achievement
2. Effective and Efficient Operations
3. Quality Teaching, Administrative, and Support Staff
4. Safe, Healthy, and Nurturing Schools
5. Enduring Relationships with Stakeholders
What is Continuous Improvement?
Strategic Plan objectives are accomplished through repeated use of Continuous Improvement methods. The Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD began using the Continuous Improvement approach in 2004. This means the District uses research and data as part of decision making, from the board room to the classroom.
The results speak for themselves. In 2004, HEB ISD had 15 “Recognized” campuses and 12 “Academically Acceptable” campuses, with no “Exemplary” campuses. In 2014, 100% of our campuses Met Standards, and 68% achieved academic distinctions exceeding most of our peer districts. It is clear that applying Continuous Improvement methods produces results, which means success for every child.
Continuous Improvement Methods
Continuous Improvement means we are constantly seeking to improve our processes and our outcomes. We approach every interaction each day with an attitude of “how can we make this better?” We use data and research, along with our expertise, to implement improvements that are efficient and effective.