Suzuki Strings Application and Lottery Process
You may also download a printable version of the Suzuki Strings Application and Lottery Process.
HEB ISD Schools of Choice – Suzuki Strings (SS)
HEB ISD will provide a fair and open process for enrolling students in Schools of Choice programs and follow Board Policy FDA (LOCAL) and FBD (LOCAL).
The administration of the lottery and admissions procedures is the responsibility of District Administration.
The number of students admitted each year is determined by District Administration based on grade level and program capacity.
In the event the number of eligible applicants exceeds the number of available seats a random selection lottery will be used.
- Parents may apply for participation in the lottery, online, during the annual application window.
- Students may enroll in the program in grades K-6. Approximately 7 students are enrolled in each grade level.
- The ability to accept students depends on Suzuki and grade level openings at the campus. Most students enter the program in kindergarten with limited openings each year for grades 1-6.
- To qualify for the lottery, families must complete and submit an application before the annual application deadline.
- All wait lists clear, pending the new lottery, at the end of the first semester.
- Any application received after the Transfer Window closes will be considered late and reviewed after Returning and New Student Registrations or as applications are received during the fall semester.
- Students accepted in the program must abide by all requirement of the program.
- Campus may continue to accept students in the program utilizing current Lottery Wait List applicants if space becomes available during the fall semester.
- If there are no Wait List applicants, the campus can admit applicants to the program based on availability of space in the program and at the campus.
- A student currently enrolled in the Suzuki Strings program who moves to another attendance boundary may apply for a transfer as long as they remain in the Suzuki Strings program.
- Students currently enrolled in a Suzuki program who move to another Suzuki campus during the school year, will be placed in the program or first on the Wait List after completing a new application.
PowerSchool, the same online vendor HEB ISD utilizes for all application/registration for our district, conducts the Schools of Choice Lottery. The lottery does not guarantee placement in the program. However, it determines the rank order for students once they are categorized based on the criteria established by the District and generated through the PowerSchool School Choice/Lottery system.
If a student served through special education is selected to participate in a Schools of Choice program through the District lottery process, the Admission, Review & Dismissal Committee (ARDC) will meet to determine if the student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP) could be implemented at the Schools of Choice campus. If the ARDC determines the IEP cannot be implemented on the campus, the student is not otherwise qualified to participate in the Schools of Choice program.
The District does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, ethnicity, religion or disabling condition in providing educational services.
Order of Lottery
- Schools of Choice program siblings
- Home campus siblings enrolled in the same Schools of Choice program
- Transfer siblings enrolled in the same Schools of Choice program
- Home campus students (includes Intradistrict & Interdistrict applicants who’ve been granted a transfer from previous year)
- Intradistrict transfer students
- Employee student
- Non-employee student
- Interdistrict transfer students
- Employee student
- Non-employee student
- For families of multiples (i.e. twins, triplets, etc.) one Lottery number will be assigned per family. If the last number drawn belongs to a family of multiples, the parent will be given the choice to assume the last spot with one child and place the remaining sibling(s) on a waiting list, or place all children on another available campus.
Notification after lottery:
Families of students admitted to a Schools of Choice program are notified by email and must accept by a predetermined date.