Pre-K Registration Information (for 2021-2022 school year)
Online Pre-K pre-registration opened April 1, 2021 and will close April 30 at 4pm. This includes State-based Half Day and State-based Full Day Pre-K registration. Eligible children will be FOUR years of age on/before September 1, 2021, and reside in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD area.
Pre-registration for Pre-kindergarten in Fall 2021 (closes April 30 at 4pm)
If you are not sure about what campus to go to for Pre-Kindergarten, follow these two steps to find out:
- First, find out what schools your home is zoned for by searching for your street name in our 2021-2022 School Boundary Locator.
- Second, look at our Pre-K Schools feeder list. Under the listing for the school your home is zoned for, we list the schools you would attend for Pre-K or Bilingual Pre-K. (The school where you would attend Pre-K is the school where you should register for Pre-K.)
Note: Core Knowledge Pre-K parents will attend elementary new student registration instead of Pre-K registration. For more information, visit our Core Knowledge Pre-K website.
Documentation for enrollment:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Social Security Card (if available)
- Proof of District Residency
- Current utility bill (no telephone bills) with parent's or guardian's name and address OR
- Current lease agreement with parent's or guardian's name and address OR
- Proof of Income. Current pay stub with gross income for all household members
- Tax Return for 2020 (if Self Employed)
- Proof of Food Stamp/TANF (if applicable)-Public Assistance Award Letter (Food stamp/TANF letter indicating current amount & dates)
- Proof of military service for active duty military parent(s) (if applicable)
- Proof of Foster Care/State Adoption (if applicable)
- Proof of Star of Texas Award (if applicable)
4 year olds (Pre-K)
- 4 doses of DPT/DTaP/DT/TdaP/Td
- 3 doses Polio
- 1 dose MMR received on or after the 1st birthday*
- 3 doses Hib (one of which must be on or after 12 months) or 1 dose Hib after 15 months of age
- 2 doses Hepatitis A received on or after 1st birthday*
- 3 doses Hepatitis B
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (Prevnar, PCV7) - 4 doses given in infancy with one dose after age 1, or 2 doses if given between 12-24 months, or 1 dose if given after 24 months
- 1 dose Varicella (if child has not had chickenpox) *
State-Based Prekindergarten Eligibility Guidelines
- Child must be 4 years old on/before September 1, 2021
- Child must live within Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD
- Child must meet "ONE" of the following criteria: [as specified in Texas Education Code §29.153 (b)]
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language (Language test will be given in June/July) OR ...
- is educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program; download the income guidelines); OR …
- is homeless (as defined by 42 U.S.C.S. Section, 11302) OR …
- is the child of an active duty member military dependent OR …
- is or has been in the conservationship of the Dept. of Family and Protective Services (as definded Section 262.201, Family Code)
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award
This example information for 2021-2022 is from the Income Eligibility Guidelines page of the Texas Department of Agriculture website.