Online Learning Overview - Secondary Grades 7-12
Transcript of Image/PDF
Online Learning Overview - Secondary 7th - 12th Grade
Tuesday, August 18, 2020, is the first day of online school for HEB ISD students!
HEB ISD students will participate in daily Online Learning Tuesday, August 18 - Friday, September 4, 2020. Students who registered for Traditional School (face-to-face instruction) will return to campuses Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
Student Checklist for Day 1 of Online Learning: Complete before Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- Prepare a designated area to learn and work.
- Prepare your device. Ensure your device has a keyboard and access to high-speed internet. See directions for How to Connect My Device at Home. Contact the campus for device checkout, if needed.
- Use your username and password to log in to Classlink. Usernames and passwords (reset for the 20-21 school year) were emailed to parents Monday, August 10. Contact the campus if you do not have this information.
- View your schedule in Home Access Center — Schedules will be posted by Monday, August 17 at 9:00 am. Make note of the times for each class. You will follow this schedule daily. Note: Schedules are subject to change. Contact the campus if you have questions or need assistance.
- From Classlink, click on “Canvas” to open your Canvas account. Open your first period course and click on the link to join the “live” Google Meet lesson. Some teachers may include a passcode to enter the meeting. The first period Google Meet will begin at the first period start time (Junior High @ 8:20 and High School @ 8:45). Log in to prepare for the class 5 - 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
Student Expectations for Online Learning Tuesday, August 18 - Friday, September 4, 2020
Schedule & Instruction - Students are required to engage in learning every day. Daily attendance will be recorded.
- The Online Learning schedule will follow a typical school day schedule. Schedules will vary based on campus and classes. Lessons and instruction will follow HEB ISD Curriculum.
- Students will receive daily “live” instruction from teachers through Google Meet synchronous lessons at the beginning of each class period.
- Students will complete asynchronous (not “live”) lessons and activities in Canvas. These lessons and activities may include videos recorded for learning from home, textbook and reading assignments, graded activities, and quizzes. During the first week, teachers will share lessons and activities to teach students how to use Canvas.
- Students who are not available to engage in lessons and activities during the regular school day will need to notify the teacher and submit assignments by 11:59 pm.
Communication - Students will communicate with teachers through daily Google Meet lessons and Canvas.
- Students and parents can message teachers through Canvas. Teachers will respond to assignment-related questions within the regular school day. Teachers will respond to other questions within one work day.
- When school begins, teachers will provide parents with directions and a code to view assignment due dates, announcements, and course content as an “observer” in Canvas.
- Individual assignment grades will be available in Canvas. Official grades may be viewed on Home Access Center.
- Visit HEB ISD’s Online Learning Support Website.
- Contact the HEB ISD Helpdesk Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm and Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, at email@example.com or 817-399-2100. Include the following when contacting the Helpdesk: Student first/last name, contact phone number, and description of the support needed.
*Visit HEB ISD’s Return to Learn website for additional information about the Return to School Plan.