ESSA Public Notice
ESSA is a consolidated formula grant composed of Title I, Title II, Title III, Title IV, SPED and CTE.
- Title I is designed to increase the student achievement levels of our low socio-economic students. HEB ISD invests the funding in Reading and Math Instructional Specialists at the Title I campuses to help the teachers and students be successful in the classroom.
- Title II is designed to support teacher training. We do this by investing in core academic curriculum specialists. They provide district level support to our campus instructional specialists and teachers throughout the district.
- Title III is designed to increase student achievement of limited English (LEP) speaking students. Title III funds are for district ESL/Bilingual facilitators who specialize in reading and math. They provide teachers with evidenced based strategies to help increase the success of the LEP students in the classroom.
- Title IV is designed to help ensure the development of the whole child. We focus on the social and emotional wellness of students by providing a district prevention and crisis intervention team to help campuses with situations, resources and making referrals. We also focus on school safety.
- SPED is designed to provide specially designed instruction and supplemental aids for students with IEPs. This is accomplished by funding salaries for highly qualified teachers, assistants, and support staff. We purchase materials and software to provide curriculum that supports student’s IEPs.
- Career & Technical Education is designed to promote the development of services and activities that integrate academic, career, and technical instruction, and that link secondary and postsecondary education for participating CTE students; provide individuals with the skills to keep the United States competitive; and increase the employment opportunities for all students including special populations.