COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunities
Note: HEB ISD does not require or provide COVID-19 vaccinations. Our school district shares information about optional COVID-19 vaccination opportunities.
Student Vaccination Opportunities
Our local health partners sometimes offer free COVID-19 vaccinations for HEB ISD students. Click the dates below to learn more about each opportunity:
- Tarrant County COVID-19 Information
- Texas Department of State Health Services' COVID-19 Vaccine Information page
- Find COVID-19 Vaccines through Vaccines.gov
Find Vaccine by Phone
(This information was originally posted on the Texas Department of State Health Services' COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.)
Get answers to questions or help finding a vaccine near you by phone:
- Text your ZIP code to find vaccine, childcare, and free rides to clinics to
- GETVAX (438829) for English
- VACUNA (822862) for Spanish
- Call 1-833-832-7067 (toll free) for referral to a local vaccine provider
- Call center is open Monday–Friday 8:00am–6:00pm, and Saturday 8:00am–5:00pm.
- Spanish language and other translators are available to help callers.
- Call the national vaccine finder hotline toll free at 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489)
At-home COVID-19 Tests
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order free at-home tests from the U.S. government. To order, visit www.covid.gov/tests
Local COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing is still available in our local community. Some testing providers may not be free -- make sure you ask about and understand the provider's costs and processes:
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides an online tool to find local sources for COVID-19 testing and treatments. Many of these local sources can provide additional services that would not be available through a school district Testing Center. For more information, visit the HHS COVID-19 Test to Treat Locator (https://aspr.hhs.gov/
The Texas Division of Emergency Management also provides information about local COVID-19 providers. For more information, visit the TDEM COVID-19 Provider Search (https://meds.tdem.texas.gov/)
If you have questions about COVID-19 or testing, please contact the Tarrant County Public Health hotline number at 817-248-6299 or email COVIDnurse@hebisd.edu .