Know Before You Go - Important Information
- This testing center is ONLY for current HEB ISD students and staff. HEB ISD Employees must bring their employee ID badge to receive COVID testing. Students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents of students, family members of staff, and all others will be turned away, even if you have waited in line.
- This testing center is ONLY for students and staff who are either currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are a household contact of someone who has already tested positive for COVID-19. People who do not meet that criteria will be turned away, even if you have waited in line.
Other Testing Locations
There are other local COVID testing opportunities that may let you schedule an appointment and avoid waiting in line. Some testing providers may not be free -- make sure you ask about and understand the provider's costs and processes:
Update - April 27, 2022
Based on greatly reduced demand and increased availability of other resources in our community, HEB ISD’s COVID Testing Center at Pennington Field will be closed after Friday, April 29, 2022.
COVID-19 testing is still available in our local community. For more information, visit the links on this page, labeled "Other Testing Locations".
If you have questions about COVID-19 or testing, please contact the Tarrant County Public Health hotline number at 817-248-6299 or email COVIDnurse@hebisd.edu .
The HEB ISD COVID Testing Center is open for:
- symptomatic HEB ISD students,
- symptomatic HEB ISD staff, and
- asymptomatic HEB ISD staff who are a close contact with someone in their household that tested positive for COVID.
At this testing center, COVID tests are provided free of charge. The HEB ISD Testing Center is using rapid antigen tests (BinaxNOW™), which provide test results within 15 minutes.
The HEB ISD COVID Testing Center is located at Pennington Field, in the Conference Room at Gate 5, under the visitor's side bleachers. Hours of operation are posted below and may be changed -- always check this page for the most recent information. The testing center is closed on Saturday and Sunday and most days when school is not in session.
Staff members may visit bit.ly/HEBfreecovidtest for instructions on how to register for a COVID test at the HEB ISD Testing Center. The information is also listed below:
Staff & Student Testing Process:
Step 1: Create a Concentric account to register for a COVID test
Step 2: Go to Pennington Field for a free COVID test during testing hours of operation
- Location: Pennington Field Conference Room - Gate 5 on the visitor’s side of Pennington
- Hours of Operation:
- If HEB ISD schools are closed, the HEB ISD COVID Testing Center will also be closed.
- The COVID Testing Center's open hours are 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Note: People arriving very late in the day may be turned away, depending on current demand. For our testing center staff to be able to leave at the end of their shift, we must stop accepting new people in line as we near the end of the day. Please aim to arrive as early as possible to help ensure that you can be tested before closing.
- Saturday & Sunday & most school holidays - Closed
- Students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Do NOT call Pennington Field, the Stadium Office, or the Athletic Department office to ask questions about the COVID Testing Center. The Stadium and Athletics offices have no connection to the COVID Testing Center.
Step 3: View test results
- Your test results will be uploaded into your Concentric account and you will receive an email when your test results are available. Login to your Concentric account to view your test results: https://concentricbyginkgo.com/login
- If you have a positive test result, you will receive a phone call from one of the testing site staff members.
- If you have a negative test result - All employees displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to return for a 2nd COVID test within 48 hours.
More COVID Testing Locations / Resources
If you need to be tested outside of the HEB ISD COVID Testing Center testing hours, click on the link below for a list of local testing sites. Please check with each location to determine if there is a charge for the COVID test - https://bit.ly/COVIDtestlist. You may find additional testing sites by clicking on one of these links: COVID Testing Location Resources or COVID-19 Testing in Tarrant County (Tarrant County Public Health) or call the COVID hotline 817-248-6299.
Additional Information about the HEB ISD COVID Testing Center
What tests are used in this program?
This testing program uses rapid antigen tests that are completely funded by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and provide results in 15 minutes. They will be administered by a healthcare professional provided by Concentric by GINKGO. The test is administered using a nasal swab in the front area of the nostril.
Who will be tested and when?
We will ONLY be offering these tests to HEB ISD staff and HEB ISD students. These tests are optional and we will have a limited number of tests per week. Due to the limited number of tests, HEB ISD will ONLY test individuals who are currently experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or are identified as a household close contact.
This K-12 COVID-19 Testing Project is supported by the CDC of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $800 million with 100 percent funded by CDC/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by CDC/HHS or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit the Center for Disease Control Website.