PowerSchool, the same online vendor HEB ISD utilizes for all application/registration for our district, will conduct the Lottery for the Core Knowledge Pre-Kindergarten program. The lottery does not guarantee placement in the program. However, it determines the rank order for students once they are categorized based on the criteria established by the District and generated through the PowerSchool Core Knowledge/Lottery system.
Once your application has been approved your family will enter the CKPK lottery system. The District does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, ethnicity, or religion.
Order of Lottery
- First Round
- Families zoned for HEB ISD
- Employee’s children
- Second Round
- Out-of-District families
For families of multiples (i.e. twins, triplets, etc.) one Lottery number will be assigned per family. If the last number drawn belongs to a family of multiples, the parent will be given the choice to assume the last spot with one child and place the remaining sibling(s) on a waiting list, or place all children on another available campus.
Notification after lottery:
- Families of students admitted to the Core Knowledge Pre-Kindergarten program are notified by email and must accept by a predetermined date.
- Campuses will be filled with first round lottery selection from applicants who are district residents and/or HEB ISD employees. A second round lottery will be used to fill remaining openings for applicants who are non-district residents.
- A child will not be eligible for placement on a campus that is not marked on the application.
- Applications received after the annual application window will be placed on a waiting list. As space becomes available, families will be contacted and offered a space based on their place on the waiting list.
- A child's spot will be forfeited to the next available candidate if enrollment documents, along with first month's tuition fee ($650), and one-time Activity/Supply Fee ($125) are not received by 4:00 pm on Friday, April 29, 2022. Once the child has been accepted for placement, they will not be transferred to another campus.
- First Round