Welcome to HEB ISD!
Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District has been called Dallas / Fort Worth's "best kept secret". Our schools consistently outperform comparison districts from across the state, while maintaining exemplary financial efficiency.
Niche ranks HEB ISD among the top 3% of the Best School Districts in Texas, as well as:
- #6 Best School District for Athletes in Texas
- #1 Most Diverse School District in Texas
- Top 10% of Texas for both Best Teachers and Best Places to Teach.
The NAMM Foundation has listed HEB ISD among their Best Communities for Music Education for more than twelve consecutive years.
Our Buinger Career & Technical Education Academy allows students from every HEB ISD high school to access options that go beyond traditional vocational education. Each year, our students earn more than 4800 real-world professional certifications to jump-start their careers in aerospace, architecture, business, education, health science, hospitality, human services, information technology, law & public safety, STEM fields, and more.
In addition to Advanced Placement, students at both of our traditional high schools have access to the rigorous International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. Originally developed for the children of diplomats, this is the highest academic curriculum available. Every public university in Texas provides at least 24 college credit hours to each student who earn an IB diploma.
First Steps: Resources for New & Future Students
- Map & Attendance Zones - find out which HEB ISD school your home is zoned for
- List of Schools - address, phone, and website link for each school
- Registration / Enrollment - start the process of registering your children to attend HEB ISD schools