Office 365 in HEB ISD
How to login
Student and Staff logins for Office 365 changed in October 2019:
Now, Student and Staff logins for Office 365 both look like firstname.lastname@example.org with the same password used to login to district computers.
In that example: "a" is the person's first initial, "b" is the person's last initial, and "123456" is either student ID number or employee ID number.
Please contact our Help Desk for more information and support: email@example.com or x2100
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a combination of cloud-based and on-site technologies from Microsoft, which will give users familiarity of Microsoft Office applications combined with the power of Microsoft productivity in an online atmosphere accessible anywhere in the world.
Why use Office 365?
Office 365 provides students with the opportunity to use enterprise-level tools found in organizations throughout the world and enables them to use any Wi-Fi capable device to access their work and to collaborate with teachers and peers from anywhere an Internet connection is available. Office 365 also enables students to work on school projects outside of the classroom with the same technology they would have in the classroom. It also provides users with expanded cloud-based storage (similar to the current ‘H’ drive) that can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
What is inside Office 365?
- Exchange (Email, Calendars, Contacts): All users have a 25GB mailbox and can send attachments up to 25MB.
- Lync (Web conferencing, Distance learning): Host online meetings with audio and video capabilities.
- Office Web Apps: Create and edit using the web-version of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote from any browser.
- SharePoint Online (File Sharing, Global Collaboration): All users can easily share documents and collaborate on projects through this portal.
- OneDrive Pro (Document Storage): All users have 25GB of personal storage space that can sync with personal computers for online access.