Facility Planning Task Force
In alignment with Goals 2, 4, and 5 of our Strategic Plan, Designing Our Future, the HEB ISD Board of Trustees is calling upon our community to help us evaluate our facilities and provide input on our long-term facility plan. We have formed a Facility Planning Task Force, which is in direct support and alignment with our vision: Empowering today to excel tomorrow.
To help the district plan for the future, the Facility Planning Task Force is charged to:
- Represent the entire community in the facility planning process
- Assist the district in assessing and prioritizing the district’s current and long-term facility needs, including, but not limited to:
- Building age, safety and condition
- Operational efficiency
- Student and program equity
- Evolving educational delivery and programs
- Consider the educational needs of all students and align recommendations with the district’s mission, vision, and goals
- Consider the district’s current financial position and funding methods to develop a recommendation that is fiscally sound
- Report their findings to the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD Board of Trustees that will include recommendations on how to proceed with a long-range facilities plan
The goal of the Facility Planning Task Force is to involve constituents of Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD in evaluating facility conditions and identifying possible needs. Facility needs could include campus renovations and/or new facilities to support quality educational programs in a safe learning environment.
- The Facility Planning Task Force includes individuals from the community who represent the diversity and complex interests within Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD and are aided by district staff members serving as information providers for the committee.
- Significant recommendations for renovating existing facilities and/or building new facilities will require a source of funding that is only available with a voter-supported bond issue.
- The Facility Planning Task Force recommendation(s) should address immediate and future facility needs of the school district to the extent members feel are financially prudent.
- The Facility Planning Task Force will have access to data and resources provided by HEB ISD and outside consultants in order to develop appropriate facility recommendations.
- The Facility Planning Task Force recognizes that the committee’s role is to provide recommendations to the Board of Trustees of HEB ISD and that the Board of Trustees will determine the structure and content of any potential bond issue.
- The Facility Planning Task Force will submit recommendations to the HEB ISD Board of Trustees early enough for the school district to study the recommendations and to legally call an election if a bond issue is appropriate.