The Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD invites you to become our partner in education. Whether you represent a corporation, small business, civic group, church, or if you just want to donate some personal time, you can help us provide a quality education for more than 20,000 students.
The mission of the Adopt-A-School program is to create school and community partnerships that positively impact student achievement.
Through our Adopt-A-School program, your organization has the opportunity to become a Campus Adopter, and work with one school, or become a District Adopter, and work with multiple schools or the entire district. We believe that when we involve the community through programs like Adopt-A-School, we are increasing the opportunity for success in each student.
To become an adopter all you have to do is be able to offer one or more of the following to our schools:
- Business Perks or Discounts (special services and/or discounts)
- Student Incentives (awards, food coupons, prizes for students)
- Fundraising Items/Opportunities (auction items, school spirit nights, event helps)
- Mentoring/Teaching (volunteers, speakers, tutors, advisers)
- Donations/In-Kind Goods (school supplies, teacher supplies, food, tangible gifts)
- Monetary Donations/Grants/Scholarships (sponsorships)
Why does Adopt-A-School need you?
- Schools have to document community involvement to receive funds for special programs and grants
- A key measurement of community involvement is the documentation of donated hours, products or services
- In tough financial times, your organization can make a difference, with donations or with incentives to instill high expectations for children
- Education is an active partnership linking the school, the student, the home, and the community
What added benefits will an adopter receive?
If an organization decides to become an adopter they will receive:
- An adopter certificate for display within your organization
- Business recognition in district website
- An opportunity to share business flyers with district students and staff through our Community Folder
- Inclusion in our adopter directory, which is available throughout the District, to patronize your business
- A copy of our quarterly HEB ISD School & Family Magazine
- Recognition at our Annual Appreciation Celebration
How do I join the Adopt-A-School program?
To join our Adopt-A-School program and become an adopter for the 2019-2020 school year click here to complete our on-line Adopt-A-School Agreement.
(Or, you can download a printable Adopt-A-School Partnership Agreement.)