Overview / History
The West Hurst Vision is to be a district and community leader by exemplifying character, honor and academic excellence.
The West Hurst Mission is to collaborate with our community to empower students to reach their greatest potential.
The West Hurst Values are:
- Do what's right
- Aim high
- Respect others
- Own it
West Hurst remains an educational hub of the community. We offer a child-centered learning environment for 490 students from Pre-K through 6th grade. We offer sound educational programs, such as Advanced Academics, after school tutoring, and reading/math intervention programs. Goal setting through Continuous Improvement and cooperative learning is utilized throughout the school. West Hurst is fortunate to have a very supportive PTA. We are so proud of the volunteers that support and adopt our school. It really is true that it takes a village to raise a child, and we have a dedicated community that gives us the best for all students.
HEB ISD Core Messages
- Students are responsible for their own learning.
- Quality teachers and effective schools are essential to students' learning.
- Parents and patrons are vital partners in the educational process.
- A safe environment for every student and employee is a prerequisite to learning.
- Decisions and actions, at all levels, focus on and support effective student learning.
HEB ISD Vision Statement
"Empowering Today to Excel Tomorrow"