Overview / History
The Trinity Lakes Vision is to be a district and community leader by exemplifying character, honor and academic excellence.
The Trinity Lakes Mission is to collaborate with our community to empower students to reach their greatest potential.
The Trinity Lakes Values are:
- Do what's right
- Aim high
- Respect others
- Own it
Trinity Lakes Elementary remains an educational hub of the community. We offer a child-centered learning environment for students from Pre-K through 6th grade. We offer sound educational programs, such as Advanced Academics, after school tutoring, and reading/math intervention programs. Goal setting through Continuous Improvement and cooperative learning is utilized throughout the school. Trinity Lakes is fortunate to have a very supportive PTA. We are so proud of the volunteers that support and adopt our school. It really is true that it takes a village to raise a child, and we have a dedicated community that gives us the best for all students.
HEB ISD Core Messages
- Students are responsible for their own learning.
- Quality teachers and effective schools are essential to students' learning.
- Parents and patrons are vital partners in the educational process.
- A safe environment for every student and employee is a prerequisite to learning.
- Decisions and actions, at all levels, focus on and support effective student learning.
HEB ISD Vision Statement
"Empowering Today to Excel Tomorrow"
West Hurst Elementary History
West (Hurst) Elementary was one of seven local schools already standing in 1958, when the residents of the Bedford School District voted to merge with the Hurst-Euless School District. By 2018, the beloved West Hurst Elementary was one of the oldest and smallest elementary schools in the District.
On May 5, 2018, HEB ISD voters approved a bond election that included two changes for the campus:
- A brand new elementary school would be built in the West Hurst Elementary attendance zone, and
- the old West Hurst campus would be renovated and repurposed to consolidate the District's special education support services.
Trinity Lakes Elementary opened during the 2020-2021 school year, welcoming the staff and students who previously attended West Hurst Elementary. With this change, the West Hurst Elementary Roadrunners became the Trinity Lakes Elementary Lions.