Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District offers students a challenging science curriculum that utilizes inquiry and discovery models of instruction which provide opportunities for all students to participate and master science concepts. Students will experience the richness of science through hands-on lab and field investigations through inquiry and active experimentation. Emphasized science process skills include: observing, measuring, identifying, classifying, predicting, comparing, inferring, and drawing conclusions. Students will also develop a proficient use of technology through analyzing and collecting data for real world science applications. The science curriculum is based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills curriculum framework.
- National Science Teachers Association - NSTA
- Science Teachers Association of Texas - STAT
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Education Agency - Division of Curriculum - Science
- Texas Education Agency - Science TEKS
- Texas Science Education Leadership Association - TSELA
- UT Southwestern Medical Center STARS Information
It is the goal of the HEB ISD Department of Science to support classroom instruction with exemplary science curriculum and professional development utilizing inquiry and discovery models of learning, providing all students the opportunity to participate and master science concepts.