Attendance / Report an Absence
If your child is absent, please call the appropriate attendance secretary to report the absence:
- Last name A-D, Melody Davenport (817)399-3656
- Last name E-K, Janice Forbes (817)399-3658
- Last name L-Q Melissa Ortega (817)399-3635
- Last name R-Z, Christi Wren (817)399-3657
If you leave a voicemail message, please include this information:
- your child's name, grade, and ID number
- the reason for the absence
- your name
- and then repeat this information.
It is a parent's responsibility to report the student's absence within 72 hours. If the absence is not reported within the time specified, it will be considered an unexcused absence regardless of the reason for the absence.
If your child has been absent more than 10% of the school days enrolled, then a doctor's note will be required for each absence recorded.Doctor's Notes
When your child visits the doctor, dentist, or any other health professional during the school day, make sure to get a signed note from their office stating the appointment date and time. A copy of the note should be turned in to the office as soon as your child returns to school. If it is requested that your child remain out of school for an extended period of time, those exact dates must be noted on the excuse.