We are excited to announce that the employee transfer request process will now be electronic.
Employees wishing to request a transfer to another campus for the 2019-2020 school year will apply for a transfer by using the link below and completing a brief internal application.
The application will not require your principal’s signature; however, your principal will be provided with a list of employees wishing to transfer to another campus for the 2019-2020 school year. A courtesy conversation with your principal regarding your wishes to transfer is encouraged.
The transfer process timeline for teachers, teacher assistants, nurses, counselors, and information literacy specialists who may wish to transfer to another campus is outlined at the bottom of this memo. This information is also posted on the Human Resources web page. Transfers are granted for similar job types only (i.e. teacher to teacher; teacher assistant to teacher assistant; nurse to nurse; counselor to counselor; information literacy specialist to information literacy specialist, etc.). Employees on formal improvement plans are not eligible to request a voluntary transfer.
Job openings for the upcoming school year are not typically posted until late March and early April, after enrollment projections have been solidified. Therefore, there are rarely job openings posted at the time of the annual transfer window. The purpose of the transfer request process is for employees to indicate interest in being considered for job openings that may occur during the hiring process for the upcoming school year. Therefore, it is incumbent on employees wishing to be considered for potential job openings to complete a transfer application, even if there have rarely been job openings for the position of interest. Failure to complete a transfer application will result in an employee not being considered for a transfer for the upcoming school year.
- Applications for employee transfers must be completed by 5:00 p.m. on March 18, 2019.
- Employees will be considered for vacancies that occur on campuses they select on their transfer application.
- Transfers may be granted through May 24, 2019, through the employee recommendation process. The transfer deadline is in place to ensure that late transfers do not negatively impact campus instruction and individual campus needs.
- Any requests for an exception to the transfer deadline must be made to the appropriate Coordinator of Human Resources.
- It is the responsibility of the employee who has applied for an employee transfer to contact the principal at the desired campus(es) to schedule interviews during the timeline attached. Principals are not required to re-interview employees applying for a transfer to their campus whom they have interviewed in the past two to three years.
- An employee has the option of whether to accept or decline a position offered through the voluntary transfer process.
If you have questions about the transfer process, please contact Caitlin Sweet (extension 2015) or Margaret Ott (extension 2016).
Timeline for Employee Transfer Process
January 23 - March 18
Employee transfer request window, employees are able to apply for a transfer to another campus for the 2019-2020 school year.
Human Resources Department provides principals with:
March 25 – April 12
Employees who have applied for a transfer to a particular campus(es) must contact principals to request an interview.
If a principal has previously interviewed the employee, he/she may or may not be granted an interview.
April 15– May 24
Employees will be notified by a principal prior to being recommended for a transfer for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Human Resources Department will notify an employee when a recommendation for transfer has been processed.