Hurst Junior High News
New student registration:
August 1-2, 8:30 am – 11:30 am and 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Who is a new student? Anyone new to HEB ISD or has moved in to the Hurst Jr. High attendance zone during the summer.
Returning student registration:
- Who is considered a returning student? A returning student is anyone who attended Hurst Jr. High last year or a new 7th grader coming from our elementary feeder schools.
- 7th Grade Immunization Records - Parents of incoming 7th graders will still need to visit campus with the student's immunization records for the campus nurse to review and approve during Returning Student Registration.
- Watch for district email beginning July 9th. This email will provide you the link to register and the snap code needed to register your student.
- NEW this year – SKIP THE LINES and save time by completing your online registration including UPLOADING PROOF OF RESIDENCY. If you can successfully uploaded your required document you are NOT required to come to Hurst Jr. High on registration day.
- Valid proof of residence is a current (June, July or August) utility bill (water, gas or electricity only) displaying parent/legal guardian name and current address OR a copy of current rental agreement/lease page showing parent/legal guardian name, address and signatures of tenant/property manager. What is NOT accepted is cell phone, landline phone bills, mortgage bill or credit card bills.
- TIP on uploading proof of residence: Most cellphone have apps where you can take a picture and sent it or convert to a PDF or you can visit a local library for computer access.
- How do I know if my proof of residence was accepted online? Each upload will be verified here at Hurst Jr. High and you will receive an email starting in late July with confirmation that your registration is complete and accepted.
- How do I find out about bus transportation? All bus routes and information will be online beginning with the 2018-2019 school year. Watch the transportation page on the district website starting on approximately July 25th for more details.
- If I complete all registration online how does my student receive his/her schedule? 7th graders will receive their schedule at Raider Camp scheduled for August 14th. (details to come) and 8th and 9th grade students can access their schedule through HAC (Home Access Center) one week before school starts.
Registration at Hurst Jr. High for returning students is Monday, August 6th 7:00 am – 10:00 am OR 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Don't forget, by completing everything online starting on July 9th which includes uploading your proof of residence, you are not required to attend registration. We are excited to offer this feature to our families.