- Euless JH
Stallion Traditional or Virtual Information
September 1, 2020
We are excited to have those of you who chose Traditional Curriculum back on campus Sept 8th. It has been a challenging time for students and parents. We appreciate your patience during this time as we continue to navigate this new learning environment. Below are the procedures we will follow to keep students and staff safe.
- School will begin at 8:20.
- Doors will open at 7:45. Please do not arrive earlier than this time.
- Students will have their temperature taken before they enter the building.
- Students are required to wear a mask while on campus except during lunch.
- Students are expected to maintain proper social distancing.
- No congregating will be allowed during passing periods or lunches.
- Once in the building, students will either report to their first period class or to the cafeteria to eat breakfast.
- Hallways will be marked, restroom occupancy will be limited, and only water bottle filling stations will be available.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located in each hallway and by the restrooms for student use.
- Students will bring the Chromebook/Laptop checked out to them to use on campus each day. Charging stations will be available, but please charge the device at home during the evenings. If students choose to bring their own device, they may do so.
- Student desks will be separated to the maximum extent possible and work spaces will be cleaned after each class period.
- Shields will be used in the cafeteria and classrooms to continue social distancing.
- At dismissal, students must leave campus immediately and will not be allowed to re-enter the building.
- Students involved in after-school activities (tutoring, detention) must report to their designated location by 3:45 and will be dismissed from the front door of the school building.
- These students will continue their learning as they have been.
- Students need to continue to check in with teachers on Google Meets and turn in classwork by the due date/time to be counted present.
- If you selected virtual learning but would now prefer Traditional, you may contact your counselor by September 18th to begin in person learning at the start of the new six weeks.
Parents/Guardians and students, changing Traditional/Virtual selection may cause a change of teachers due to keeping numbers at a minimum.
Continue to contact the attendance office if your student will be absent. Attendance is taken every day, every class period. Also, continue to monitor your student’s grades in HAC.
Thank you for your continued support. We know that parents, students, and staff are working hard to ensure student success. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact us.
Stay Stallion Strong,
Euless Junior High