- Harwood JH
2023-2024 Enrollment Verification for Returning Students & New Student Registration
Harwood Jr. High Registration
Note: Please check this page again as we approach these registration dates. If new guidance (from the Texas Education Agency or public health officials) requires HEB ISD to change registration plans, we will update the information on this page.
Registration for ALL students will be online. Links to the online forms will be shared in July.
New student online registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. on July 11, 2023.
Who is a new student? Anyone new to HEB ISD (anyone who has moved to the Harwood Junior High attendance zone during the summer and did not attend a school in HEB ISD last year). Please return to this page or visit the HEB ISD Registration webpage to begin the online registration process beginning July 11, 2023.
What do I need to register my new student? Online Registration - Once online registration is complete and all required documentation has been obtained, your counselor will contact you in order begin course selection.
Required Documentation for Registration:
- Report Card and Transcripts - Please bring documents from last school attended.
- Proof of Residence - A current and not past due July or August utility bill (water, gas or electricity) displaying parent/legal guardian name and current address, OR a copy of current rental agreement/lease page showing parent/legal guardian name, student name, address and signatures of tenant/property manager.
(Documents Not Accepted - Cell Phone/Landline Phone Bills, Cable/TV Bills, Mortgage Statements, Insurance Bills or Credit Card Bills.)
- Birth Certificate
- Student Immunization Record (must show the student’s name)
- Social Security Card (if available)
How do I begin registering my new student? Parents of new students, please complete the online form to begin the registration process, then watch for follow-up emails with more information.
Enrollment Verification for Returning Students Begins July 10, 2023.
Who is considered a returning student? A returning student is anyone who attended Harwood Junior High last year or a new 7th grader coming from our elementary feeder schools. Watch for the district email on July 10, 2023 containing your student’s unique registration Snapcode. The email will provide the registration link and Snapcode needed for registration. You must upload all required documents. Parents and students are not to come to the campus for registration.
Frequently Asked Questions for Online Registration:
- What is a valid proof of residence? A current and not past due July or August utility bill (water, gas or electricity) displaying parent/legal guardian name and current address, OR a copy of current rental agreement/lease page showing parent/legal guardian name, student name, address and signatures of tenant/property manager. (Documents Not Accepted - Cell Phone/Landline Phone Bills, Cable/TV Bills, Mortgage Statements, Insurance Bills or Credit Card Bills.)
- Tip for uploading pictures of documents needed: There are many apps that can be downloaded for this task, such as Genius Scan.
- Immunization records for 7th grade must be uploaded. Immunization records must be checked before registration is complete. Entering 7th grade students must have the following:
- 3 doses DPT/DtaP/Td/Tdap with one dose on or after the 4th birthday
- 1 booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis containing vaccine (if at least 5 years have passed since last tetanus containing vaccine. The booster MUST be given once the 5 year time period has been met.)
- 3 doses Polio with one dose on or after the 4th birthday (Polio vaccine is not required for students 18 years or older.)
- 2 doses MMR (or 1 dose of Measles and 1 MMR) received on or after the 1st birthday*
- 3 doses Hepatitis B
- 2 doses of Hepatitis A received on after the 1st birthday*
- 2 doses of Varicella (if the student has not had the chickenpox disease)
- 1 dose of Meningococcal
How do I know if my registration has been accepted online? Each submission and uploaded document will be verified at Harwood Junior High. You will receive an email confirming your registration is complete and accepted. This confirmation process does take some time as we must individually review each submission.
- How do I find out about bus transportation? All bus routes and information is online. Visit the district transportation page for details: HEB ISD Bus Routes Online
- If I complete all of my registration online, how will my student receive his/her schedule? Students in 7th grade will receive their schedule at New Student Night (details to come), while 8th and 9th grade students can access their schedule through HAC (Home Access Center) the Friday before school begins.
We look forward to seeing all of you for the 2023-2024 school year!