School Closure Update - March 16
For our Monday, March 16 update, we are excited that many children were able to pick up breakfast and lunch at our 6 free meal locations!
Education and learning are secondary to our students’ physical and emotional well-being right now. As we implement processes to protect the safety of our students, staff, and families, we are also preparing the systems that will allow education success to continue. We would like to share an outline of HEB ISD’s approach to our Instructional Continuity Plan.
First, we are working with small teams to develop Instructional Continuity Plans at the district level. These teams include district-wide curriculum coordinators who understand how each year’s lessons must align with the previous and following year. This is a critical step toward giving our students a cohesive path from pre-K and kindergarten through graduation.
Once the district-level plan is created, schools and teachers will be able to align their resources with that plan. That’s when parents (and older students) will start to receive communications with activities and lessons customized to students’ unique classes.
We also would like to highlight answers to two important questions:
Can parents pick up medication in the nurse’s office at their child’s school?
- Parents may pick up student medication from the School Nurse on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- The School Nurse will be present to meet with parents one at a time.
- If multiple parents are present at one time, the principal will facilitate social distancing protocols.
- We are allocating approximately five to ten minutes for each parent to count out and sign out the medication.
Can students still visit the district's JPS clinics?
Yes! The days and times have changed slightly, but the two clinics are still available.
If you don’t have insurance, JPS staff will help connect your child with available resources. For students with insurance coverage such as Medicaid, CHIP, or JPS Connection, the standard co-pay and PCP restrictions still apply.
Children MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Appointments are required. To make an appointment for the HEB Clinic, call (817)702-5234. For the Kidwell Clinic, call Call (817)702-5253. (See dates below to help decide which clinic.)
- Location: 3115 Pipeline Rd., Euless, TX 76040. HEB Clinic is Building B, Kidwell Clinic is Building D.
- Open Time: 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
- Open Dates during the next two weeks:
- Mon 3/16 - HEB Clinic (Bldg B)
- Thurs 3/19 - Kidwell Clinic (Bldg D)
- Fri. 3/20 - HEB Clinic (Bldg B)
- Mon 3/23 - HEB Clinic AND Kidwell Clinic (Bldg B & D)
- Tues 3/24 - HEB Clinic (Bldg B)
- Thurs 3/26 - Kidwell Clinic (Bldg D.)
- Friday 3/27 - HEB Clinic (Bldg B)