- Bell Manor
All Bell Manor Students Will Begin Online Learning on Thursday, November 12
November 11, 2020
Dear Bell Manor Elementary Families,
When our HEB ISD schools are notified about a positive test for COVID-19, we follow a standard process to prevent transmission of illness. Throughout this process, we work with experts at Tarrant County Public Health to report data and to make sure we understand the most current public health recommendations for schools. If any students or staff are identified as a “close contact” of someone who tested positive, they are required to quarantine at home for 14 days.
This week, Bell Manor Elementary has been notified about a higher than usual number of positive test results for COVID-19. These cases have also resulted in a high number of quarantined “close contacts.” To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our high-risk family, friends, and community members, Bell Manor Elementary will temporarily return to online learning for all students and teachers.
All Bell Manor Elementary students will participate in online learning beginning Thursday, November 12, 2020 and continuing through Wednesday, November 18, 2020. Like the first three weeks of the school year, students will log in to Canvas and follow their usual schedule.
During this time, school and district staff will work with the Texas Education Agency and Tarrant County Public Health to determine when students can return. We will send additional information to parents as soon as possible.
We’ve collected additional information about common questions you may have:
- School is NOT closed. All students are expected to participate in online learning each day. Teachers will communicate the expectations for their classes.
- Free meals are still available. Families can pick up free meals for the following week on Saturday morning, 9:00am - 10:30am at Bellaire Elementary or Stonegate Elementary. Please remember to bring your student’s ID number if he or she is not present.
- Our HEB ISD Online Learning information website includes expectations, tips for success, and technical support resources: https://sites.google.com/hebisd.edu/onlinelearning
- Bell Manor Elementary will receive additional cleaning and disinfecting before students return to the building. This includes the use of electrostatic sprayers with disinfectant that exceeds guidelines set by the CDC and approved by the EPA for use in treating COVID-19.
For people who have not been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19, TCPH suggests these simple steps:
- Monitor daily for ANY symptoms of COVID-19. These symptoms include: fever, chills, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell, cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing. Intensity of symptoms can vary. Some people experience no symptoms or very mild symptoms, while others may become very ill.
- If you have or develop symptoms of COVID-19:
- Isolate immediately and contact your medical provider. If a person tests positive or has symptoms, all members of their household need to quarantine. If you need to be tested, please go to Tarrant County’s website to schedule an appointment for drive-thru testing: https://covidtesting.tarrantcounty.com
- If a person develops trouble breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain, blue lips or face, severe abdominal pain, new confusion, inability to wake up, or worsening COVID-19 symptoms, seek emergency medical care immediately or call 911.
- Contact the school’s front office. The person with symptoms of COVID-19 should not go to school or work unless cleared by a medical provider or public health official, or until you have met the CDC criteria to return as outlined by an HEB ISD nurse.
This self-monitoring is in addition to the normal precautions everyone should take to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as social distancing, frequent hand washing, and wearing a mask or face covering.
If you have questions about COVID-19 or testing, please contact the Tarrant County Public Health hotline number at 817-248-6299 or your school nurse.
If you have questions about online learning, please email the campus principal at firstname.lastname@example.org .
It takes all of us to stop the spread and keep HEB ISD staff, students, and families healthy!
Steven A. Chapman
HEB ISD Superintendent of Schools